where i've been...

My travel map

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

the mundane...

So today we got to Buenos Aires and decided it was time to do some laundry. So, knowing we have a flight tomorrow morning, I made SURE that the clothes would be back today before turning them in. So we had three bags of clothes between us, mostly two bags for Rahima with my fleece in one, and then another bag for me. We put on our most ¨clean¨ clothes and turned the rest in...about 12:00 today. We slept awhile this afternoon, then walked down to see the Casa Rosa (the Argentine White House), stopped at a cafe, had some coffee and empanadas, found UNO in a toy store (YIPEE!!!) and then picked up a box of hair dye (for me of course) at a pharmacy on the way back. Seems like even out of the country I cannot stop being obsessed with how red my hair has gotten. Maybe a box of dye from Argentina will restore it´s natural brown color. So we got back, I dyed my hair (pictures to follow) and just asked about our clothes. It is now 9:30pm and I would like to not look like I am in my pajamas when we go to dinner. But as luck would have it...Rahima´s two bags are back and clean (which includes my fleece at least) but my clothes are nowhere to be found. The guy at the hostel says we can call the lavanderia tomorrow. They supposedly open at nine. We need to leave by 9:30 to get to the airport on time. Could it be that I will spend my time in the southernmost city in the world with (literally) just the clothes on my back? Keep your fingers crossed for me! :)

4 comments:

Gayle B said...

Hey Annette, I've been loving the blog! And yet what gets me to comment? the hair issues. I feel your pain on too red- it's so annoying, isn't it? can't wait for the hair photos. (Oh, all right, and the others, too.) Hope you're not traveling in your pjs tomorrow...

The Desperate Gambler said...

If you only have the clothes on your back...that means you aren't wearing pants!

Weezy said...

Ah, even mundane is relative...I mean, you're in Argentina! What an adventure! Wine, bikes and laundry...and a little hair dye in the mix. Love it! I miss you terribly, but I am happy you are so entranced with your journey you forget to take pictures. (Do take a few in those rare instances when the spell wears off- maybe from a mosquito bite lol). Oh yeah, this is Luis, by the way.

Debbie said...

So, you know I'm totally jealous of every aspect of your life, right? The sad thing is that what makes me THE MOST jealous is that you're in a place where paying someone to do your laundry is justifiable...I might just find a way to copy you JUST to know that I could pay someone else to wash my clothes. Sad, right?