where i've been...

My travel map

Sunday, June 28, 2009

this internet cafe wants me to die...seriously

I have been here for about 2 hours. Uploaded some great pics. Attempted to put them on the blog. Then the computer turned on me. Honestly, if I recount the story now, I might go mad. Luckily, I managed to swipe a few of Rahima's pics for your entertainment. Hope you enjoy them!

So the other day on the Gili Islands, there was a makeshift outdoor movie theatre that would play bootlegged DVDs each night. I got to see "Coraline" the Tim Burton flick that you all probably have heard about for ages. Well, it was new to me, and I thought it was really well done. Would have been amazing in 3D, but you take what you can get I guess.

Here is a picture of Coraline's "other mother".

Then I ate some oreos...and here I am.


Geez...is this what they mean by island fever? I think I'm losing it people...


Here I am with Gnomey. We found appropriately sized boxes of Pocky sticks in the Tokyo airport. Look how happy we are. :) (Rahima was pretty mortified to take this picture, which makes it all the more precious to me)


Me, quite possibly, at my happiest. A glass of red wine in one hand, a bowl of cereal with fresh milk in the other. Ahhh...who says I have no class???

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Wow, wine and cereal... don't know if that's gross or just weird. I guess the question is what meal of the day is it? If breakfast should I be concerned that you're having wine with breakfast, if it's lunch I guess pretty much anything goes, if it's dinner then why are you just having cereal?


Glad to know you're enjoying the good life.