where i've been...

My travel map

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Most of us remember Prague...

for its castle, its toy-like charm, or its cheap beer. But for me, Prague will always hold a deeper and more personal connection. Prague will be the location of the discovery of my first, real, official grey hair.

Yes. It's true.

Yesterday I went walking around Prague with Alan, a real Scotsman (kilt and all which he donned for us the night before) to see most of the sights. As I knelt down to take a picture of a swan on the river, Alan said, "Hold on! I see something here!" A second later there was a sharp twinge of pain as a single hair (or maybe a few and that is what hurt so much!) was yanked out of my head and presented to me for the viewing. Yup. Unquestionable proof. Grey.

And yes. I saved it. :)

So there you have it. The latest development and milestone in my life. And now the thoughts running through my head include: because I plucked it will seven really grow back in its place? How long have I really had grey hair, but covered it up with my incessant hair-dying addiction? Will I look as good with grey hair as Maria Rosa does? God, I hope so.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Join the club! I discovered 2 grey hairs on the top of my head a year ago. I pull them out every 2 months. They're not so bad!

Josef Gamper said...

That was no grey hair. Trust me. Some day you will be blond just like your father. Love, Dad

maria rosa said...

I'm honored to have made your Prague blog. Just remember that it took me exactly double the years to get to where I am. You have 31 more years of adventures with all colors and shades including grey. have a blast. besos, m.r.

Weezy said...

LOL. If I had a dollar for every gray hair I discovered on my scalp over the course of the last 10 years...Sigh. But hey, salt and pepper is better than bald (for me). Enjoy life- have another beer!